Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Something Smells... Good?

So far this whole food plant based diet has been much easier than I anticipated.  With the help of Pinterest, and some amazing food bloggers, we have really been enjoying our meals.  Overall I've noticed my brain fog has been getting better. However, I have had some refined sugar, and I notice the brain fog really amps up afterwards.

My husband has been very busy in the kitchen.  He is getting used to the new diet and getting into a rhythm.  Without him I'm sure this transition would be so much more difficult.  He really has been amazing.

Today I noticed a very unexpected side effect.  First, I should let you know that I sweat a lot.  It started in my mid-20s, where even on a cool day if I was just using regular antiperspirant I would get very big (and embarrassingly obvious) wet marks under my armpits.  With deodorant it fortunately didn't smell very bad.  Eventually I started using clinical strength and it would usually be enough to prevent the pit stains.

When trying to detox my life, I knew I had to get away from aluminum containing deodorants.  So I switched to a more natural brand and was more wet and stinky because of it. I thought it may take me going through a few brands to find the right one for me.  I'm willing to compromise on the wetness, but not the smell.  I can wear clothes that hide the pit stains, but no clothes hide the unmistakable smell of body odor.

Today was a rough day.  It wasn't hot, but it was a bit stressful.  I went to the doctor and took the baby.  She had a HUGE blow out, and I forgot to pack extra clothes for her just in case.  I always wear a tank top so I can lift the top shirt and pull the tank top down to breast feed.  This way I don't have to show more skin than I'm comfortable with.  So I used the tank top to wrap up the little one.

When I got home I realized my armpits were wet, but I hadn't noticed any bad smells.  I stuck my nose in there and barely got a whiff of BO.  What the heck?  I haven't changed my deodorant, so what gives?  Well it turns out there have actually been studies that show that non-meat eaters smell better!  I'm so relieved that I can get sweaty and not have to resort back to aluminum containing deodorants, and not offend anyone with my stench.

http://chemse.oxfordjournals.org/content/31/8/747.full

No comments:

Post a Comment